1. The following conditions form the basis for the provision of your holiday accommodation. Please read these carefully together with our letter or email confirming your booking and notify us immediately thereafter of any errors or omissions.
2. Bookings will be secured upon receipt of a non-refundable deposit of £150. If booking less than 56 days before commencement the full rental shall be payable on booking. On receipt of this payment we will confirm your booking in writing/email which forms the contract between us.
3. The balance of the rent & the refundable £100 Good Housekeeping Deposit (see 4 below) will become due eight weeks before arrival date, we will acknowledge receipt. If we do not receive the balance by that date, we may assume you have cancelled your booking and may seek to re-let the cottage.
Housekeeping: The property will be thoroughly
cleaned prior to your arrival. A refundable Good
Housekeeping deposit payment of £100 will be due at the time of the final
payment (8 weeks before arrival date). If
the property is left as you found it, this payment will be returned to you
following your departure (apart from unforseen circumstances, this will be
within a week of your return). We understand
accidents do happen, and for that reason deductions will not be made for reasonable
and accidental breakage of small items. However we do ask that you can let us know of
any breakages or accidents as soon as possible, so that we can make good or
replace items for the next guests.
Please also refer to item 18 regarding the state of the property upon leaving.
5. Hire Period. The hire shall commence at on day of arrival and finish at on day of departure unless previously agreed otherwise. You will be issued with a set of keys to the Accommodation on the first day of the Holiday Period and the Visitor must return them on the last day of the Holiday Period or the date of departure, if earlier. Failure to do so will incur the cost of a replacement set.
6. Arrival – Please let us know as soon as possible if there is anything broken or missing. An inventory is available in the instructions folder in the cottage.
Linen Linen and bedding is included in the let.
Bedding includes bottom sheet, duvet, duvet cover, pillow and pillowcase. There
is one pillow per person plus some extras available. Each person has one bath towel. Hand towels
are supplied for shower-room and bathroom.
One fresh towelling bath mat is supplied in each
bathroom/shower-room. Kitchen hand
towel and two tea towels are provided.
Please do not take the towels provided to the beach. There is high clay content in the sand and it can stain. Large beach towels are available to hire at £10 per towel/per week. Please let us know prior to final payment if you wish to use this facility.
8. Cancellation A cancellation fee is charged on the following scale:
Date written notification received by us
More than 56 days before arrival date
The amount of the deposit
36 - 55 days before arrival date
50% of the cost of the booking, or if greater, the full deposit
1 - 35 days before arrival date
100% of the full cost of the booking, or if greater the full deposit.
On or after the arrival date
100% of the full cost of the booking, or if greater, the full deposit.
We recommend that our guests take out cancellation insurance to cover this eventuality.
8. Cancellation by us. In the event of the cottage becoming unavailable due to fire or other circumstances before the start of the rental period, we will endeavour to find the guests suitable alternative accommodation or failing this refund all monies in full.
9. It is a condition of this booking that the booking form is completed and the reservation is for the sole purpose of those persons named on the booking form. The person making the booking agrees that he or she will inform the owners 5 days prior to occupation should any person or persons other than those shown on the booking form intend to use the accommodation overnight.
10. Sleeping in tents or motor vehicles adjacent to the Accommodation is not permitted.
Pets – Pets may be permitted
by prior arrangement, please contact us if you wish to bring your pet to the
cottage. There is additional £30 charge
per pet. Please do not allow your pet to sit on
the furniture or to go upstairs. Your pet should not be left unattended in
Please do not allow your pet to sit on the furniture or to go upstairs. Your pet should not be left unattended in the cottage.
12. Number in Party. The number of persons occupying any cottage must not exceed the advertised maximum occupancy.
13. Breakages. Minor accidental damage or breakages will not normally be charged to the guests but the guests will be legally responsible for any major damage and will be required to reimburse the proprietors for repairs, replacements or additional cleaning if so required.
14. Care. The proprietors will endeavour to provide a cottage in a high state of cleanliness and repair. The guests are requested to take all reasonable care of the property, furniture and effects and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the period.
15. Breakdowns. Whilst every effort will be made to maintain equipment in good condition, breakdowns will naturally occur. In the event of breakdown or observing that any item is missing the guests are requested to inform the proprietors immediately so that repairs or replacements can be initiated.
16. Right of Entry. The proprietors undertake not to enter the cottage other than by prior arrangement with the guests to carry out urgent repairs, etc. However they reserve the right of entry at any time in the event of any occurrence which might endanger the property.
17. Liability. The proprietors shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the clients’ property or belongings howsoever caused. It is the clients’ responsibility to supervise children at all times and to accompany them when outside the cottage or patio area.
Smoking – There is no smoking allowed anywhere in the
house, including out of the windows. The majority of our guests do not smoke
and would find the lingering smell of cigarette smoke unpleasant, so please
move away from the immediate vicinity of the inside of the house if you wish
to smoke. Cigarette butts should be safely disposed of in the bin (not
on the floor, in the flowerbeds or in the BBQ!). We enforce a strict no smoking
policy and any evidence of guests ignoring these rules will result in the
housekeeping deposit being forfeited.
Cigarette butts should be safely disposed of in the bin (not on the floor, in the flowerbeds or in the BBQ!). We enforce a strict no smoking policy and any evidence of guests ignoring these rules will result in the housekeeping deposit being forfeited.
Leaving the property – Please leave the keys on the Welsh dresser
or replace them in the key box. The
property should be left tidy, for example there should be no washing up to
be done, the dishwasher should be empty and the grill pan washed up, furniture
should remain in the same room as at the start of the let. All rooms can then be thoroughly cleaned in
readiness for the next visitors. If you use the BBQ, please clean it ready for the next
If you use the BBQ, please clean it ready for the next guests.