Ashtead Peace Memorial Hall
Registered Charity 304968
Terms and Conditions of Hire
1. Hirer The person signing the Booking Form is the Hirer and must be aged 18 or older. The Hirer is responsible for seeing that these Terms and Conditions of Hire are met even if they are not personally present at the event. No Hirer may sub-
2. Booking A booking is only confirmed when the signed and completed Booking Form is returned together with the necessary deposit or full booking charge. Provisional bookings will only be held for 7 days, after which the date(s) will be released. The Trustees reserve the right to require a security / damage deposit and full payment 14 days in advance.
3. Damage The hirer shall be responsible for the cost of making good any damage to APMH property caused during their occupation of the hall.
4. Payment Terms All outstanding payments are due on the date of the event and must be paid within 30 days. Security/damage deposits are payable 14 days in advance. If a booking is cancelled within three months of the date of the event, a fee of 25% is payable. If paying by bank transfer please e-
5. Occupancy Unless prior arrangements have been made, the premises must not be occupied before the start of the hire period and must be vacated by the end of the hire period.
6. Numbers The number of persons allowed inside the premises is limited by licence to 360. The maximum for any room or booking is dependent on layout, but never more than 252 in the main hall.
7. Emergency procedures The hirer must appoint a FIRE MARSHALL to take responsibility for the safety of persons at the event and must name this person on the Booking Form. In the event of an emergency the Fire Marshall is responsible for the evacuation of the premises and alerting the emergency services. EXIT ROUTES MUST BE KEPT CLEAR AT ALL TIMES. The Fire Marshall should ensure they are familiar with the exit routes and safety procedures, and that statutory requirements for fireproofing are met
8. Smoking, (including e-
9. Disabled Persons Hirers must be responsible for the safety of everyone and especially those with a disability. Hirers are expected to offer them assistance when needed, particularly at the time of an emergency.
10. The Trustees reserve the right for themselves, their employees and their agents to enter the premises at any time for the purposes of maintaining safety and public order. They also reserve the right in their absolute discretion to decline or cancel or close down an event before or during the hire period. They will not be liable to pay any compensation or to return fees paid.
11. Cleanliness The premises and equipment must be left in a clean and tidy state and items used replaced correctly. All rubbish and items brought in for an event must be removed at the end of the hire period. No alterations shall be made to the hall fixtures and fittings including lighting and other equipment. Nothing is to be fastened to any part of the building using adhesives or penetrative fastenings.
12. The Stage is to be used for performances or other authorised activities only.
13. No Animals are allowed on the premises with the exception of assistance dogs and they must not enter the kitchen or servery.
14. Alcohol All alcoholic beverages consumed on the premises must be obtained through the personal licence holder of the hall. The hirer is responsible for ensuring compliance with this rule.
15. Licences The premises are licensed for the sale of alcohol and the performance of plays and live music etc. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that they have the correct licences for their event.
16. All electrical appliances used on the premises MUST be fit for purpose.
17. Insurance The Hall has Public Liability Insurance. Hirers can rely on this cover if their event is for charitable or non-
Trustees of Ashtead Peace Memorial Hall July 2019