St. Giles Church, Noke

Church history

Family History


Friends of St. Giles


Welcome to the Homepage of St. Giles, Noke


We are here

The small village of Noke [Anglo-Saxon place-name meaning ‘place of the Oak’.] lies 5 mls northeast of the city of Oxford, and is situated on the southern rim of an area known as Otmoor. Today part of the area is protected as a sanctuary for wild birds, and it is as peaceful and secluded now as it was .hundreds of .years ago .

last updated Jan 2008

Click on the links above to see more about the history of our church, also photographs and transcriptions from the parish registers, dating from 1574, which may be of interest to anyone researching their family history.
Facsimiles of some of these records and more detailed family information are available, for a small donation, from The Friends of St. Giles

St.Giles Noke

St.Giles and the Hind