Trips and Visits
The Committee organise around four trips/events each year. We would be delighted to hear from any U3A member willing to help arrange visits.
Trips: Sources of Information
How to Apply
Bookings will be taken in order of receipt of application.
How to Pay
Please note that we can no longer accept cash.
· BACS account number 02509615 / Sort code 30-91-49
· with payee entry as your initial/surname, post code and the name of event (Edmunds meal, London, Orwell river trip, etc)
· Cheque payable to ‘U3A in BSE’
· Credit or debit card
o At the Computer Clinic, upstairs gallery at the Apex every Monday from 10 to 12 noon.
o At U3A Help Desk at the Monthly ‘Apex’ Lecture.
o At our office The U3A in BSE, The Risbygate Centre, 90 Risbygate Street, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3AA - Open 10 - 12 noon, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Check that the office is staffed before setting out – just phone 01284 717196 within these hours. Check also that staff on duty are able to process credit/debit payments.
By post in which case cheques only sent to the
office (details in bullet point above).
We aim to send confirmation of successful applications.
We ask you to collect your ‘ticket’ from any of the venues above. Online applicants will receive a confirmation email confirming their successful application so will not need to collect a ticket.
If events are over-subscribed, a waiting list will be created. You will be contacted if a vacancy arises; let the organiser know if you subsequently wish to withdraw from the list.
By the committee - the committee reserves the right to cancel at any stage with full refund
By you - the date of the ‘cut-off’ for applicants to cancel and get refunds will be stated when the event is advertised. Thereafter, if you cancel we will offer your place(s) to members on the waiting list. Should there be no waiting list no refunds will be possible.
Members are reminded that places on a visit can only be offered to a non- member if there is no waiting list for a trip. Arrangements must be made through one of the organisers. Please note there is no U3A insurance for non-members. Non-members must be accompanied by a U3A member.
Information for people going on trips
We aim to advise details on:
· Departure time
· Departure venue
· Event leader(s) and their mobile phone number
· Arrival time
· Return departure pick-up point and time
What we ask of you
· ICE (in case of emergency contact details) We have to think of worst case scenarios and ask you to supply the name and telephone number of a person to contact in the event of an emergency – please be assured this information will only be used in the event of such an emergency.
· Your mobile phone number so we can contact you on the trip
Jackie Saunders, Bury St Edmunds U3A Committee Member – Education and Social